How to be beautiful with the Law of Attraction is a question I’m asked quite frequently. It’s something I understand quite well…
Growing up, I wanted to be beautiful. I never felt like I was good enough…or pretty enough. I just wanted to feel loved and accepted.
Even when people told me I was beautiful, I didn’t believe it. I didn’t see my beauty.
Over the years, my self-esteem did increase, but I still never felt beautiful enough. No matter how much I looked in the mirror, I saw the ugly duckling – the same person I had always been. I didn’t, I couldn’t, see the person everyone else told me they saw.
Maybe it’s all the pressure put on us by the modeling and film industries – the pressure to be the perfect size zero; the pressure to always look our best at all hours of the day; the pressure to have the perfect hair, the perfect teeth, the perfect skin, the perfect everything…
None of it has anything to do with who we really are. And in our quests for perfection, we miss the very things that people appreciate the most about us, the things that make us the most memorable.
When you spend all of your time criticizing yourself, you never allow yourself to see the wonderful things that make you beautiful.
When you appreciate all the wonderful things you have done in the world, all the amazing talents and skills you have, all the things that make you a terrific person – you become beautiful!
You begin to shine from the inside out. People notice. You notice!
“Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” – Sophia Loren
Beauty isn’t about perfection. It isn’t even about being the prettiest person. It’s about confidence.
No matter what you look like, if you hold your head high and project an air of self-confidence, you will look and feel beautiful.
Confidence comes from realizing how amazing you are.
Focus on your good qualities, inside and out:
- When were you there for someone who needed you?
- When did you tell someone what you appreciate about them?
- When did you help someone feel good about him or herself?
- When did you do something for someone without expecting anything in return?
- When did you accept someone for who they are?
- When did you find something in nature beautiful?
- When were you strong in a difficult moment?
- When did you speak nicely about someone instead of gossiping or complaining?
- When did you make someone laugh?
- When did you take the high road when someone wronged you, instead of being cruel or vindictive?
- When were you optimistic when everyone around you was filled with fear or doubt?
- When did you honor your values and the things that matter most to you?
- When did you love and accept yourself?
You are already beautiful! You may not do these things every day, but you are still beautiful.
You don’t have to be perfect every day to be beautiful. It’s choosing to realize how great you are that makes you beautiful. It’s choosing to be the best person you can be in the present moment that makes you beautiful.
Smile at the wonderful, beautiful person you already are, have always been and always will be.